Create a Zoom Application
This feature is a Private preview release and should be used with caution. Its features and implementation will likely change before it is generally available.
This guide will go over creating a Zoom application.
There are two types of applications you can create:
- Account-level app - The application is installed by a company administrator for all users.
- User-managed app - The application is installed individually by users.
If you prefer, you can watch the instructional video below or continue reading for a step-by-step guide. Make sure to change your scopes based on your app type.
Step 1: Create a Zoom OAuth App
- Browse to the Zoom Marketplace
- Hover over Develop in the top right corner and click Build App.
- Click the Create button in the OAuth tile.
- Fill in the App Name field.
- Select either Account-level app or User-managed app.
- Set the Would you like to publish this App on Zoom Marketplace? toggle to No.
- Click Create.
Step 2: App Credentials
- Make sure you keep the Client ID and Client Secret somewhere safe. You’ll need them when you create a Zoom integration.
- Add a Redirect URL for OAuth. The URL should be where you want your users to go after they authenticate against your application. You’ll use it again when you create a Zoom integration.
- Add the redirect URL to the OAuth allow list
- Allowlist the URL based on your location:
Don't forget to allowlist your redirect URL
If you don’t allowlist your redirect URL, authentication will fail.
Step 3: Information
- Fill in the following fields:
- App Name
- Short Description
- Long Description
- Company Name
- Developer Contact Information
Step 4: Feature
Adding Event subscriptions is optional. Nylas will also send event webhooks.
Step 5: Scopes
Add the appropriate scope for the type of application you're creating:
Step 6: Activation
Your test application is now ready to go.