Postman and Nylas
Use our Postman collection to get started using the Nylas API quickly. Our Postman collection includes:
- Environment variables
- Autogenerated values
- Tests to check for correct authentication responses.
- Install Postman.
- Add the Nylas collection. You'll be forking the Nylas collection. Forking makes it easy to know when changes are made and merge them into your local collection.
Postman Environments make it easy to store variables used throughout your collection, so you can have different values for production vs. staging while only needing to maintain a single collection of endpoints.
This template environment is scaffolding to get started with Nylas and provides empty variables like
url that are used as variables throughout different endpoints in the collection.
- Copy the Nylas Production Environment.
- Select Environment and then click Import.
- Select Raw Text, then copy and paste the Nylas Production Environment.
- Make sure you still have Environments selected and click the Nylas Template Environment.Some values are filled in and others are not.
- Autogenerated - Values that will be replaced as you start making requests. You can also remove autogenerated and replace them manually.
- URL - Already prefilled with the Nylas API server
- Blank - You'll need to fill those in yourself.
- Fill in your
client_secret, which are in your Nylas dashboard.
- Click App Settings and find Developer Details.
- If you already have an
access_tokenthen you can replace autogenerated with the
access_tokenvalue and start making requests.
- If you need an
access_tokenand want to use Postman for authentication, see Getting Autogenerated Values
Use the steps here, if you want to authenticate accounts using native authentication and Postman.
If you already have an
access_token then you can replace autogenerated with the
access_token value and start making requests right away. No need to go through the following steps.
- Make a request to /connect/authorize.
- Nylas will return a
codethat is automatically filled in using the
- Then make a request to /connect/token and Nylas will return an
Select the eye icon, then edit to adjust values.