- Message delivery submission failed 120 - Microsoft
- API Error 429 - Nylas
When attempting to send an email Nylas will sometimes receive a 120 error code from the Microsoft mail servers.
120 MailSubmissionFailed The server failed to submit the message for delivery.
When we receive this error from the mail provider, Nylas will return an
HTTP 422 error code with the following message:
Message delivery submission failed
The Exchange logs might show:
MapiExceptionSendAsDenied: Unable to submit message.
- Sending with a different email address than the one that was synced. For example, the account was synced with
email@example.com, but the email is sent from
- Check the sending name. Make sure the sending email is the same as the synced account.
- Retry the send with exponential backoff.
- Confirm that the Exchange server has not quarantined the syncing devices we use to sync.
- Settings should match our Suggested Office 365 Settings.
- Reach out to the mail provider to get more information about the issue.
The issue is that occurs on a small number of hosted Exchange and Office 365 servers. Unfortunately, since it is on a server outside of our control, we aren't able to diagnose the issues
Other errors related to sending failures: