Get Your Nylas Keys
Learn how to get your Nylas keys, see your Client ID and Client Secret, and regenerate a Nylas token.
Get your keys
To get started with Nylas, first create a free Nylas account, then connect it to an email account.
When you first connect an email account in the Nylas dashboard, the page shows your Client ID, Client Secret, and Access Token.
The Access token is only shown once, so write it down and save it somewhere secure. You can't view the access token again after you leave the page.
See your Client ID and Client Secret
Each Nylas application has its own Client ID and Client Secret.
To see the Client ID and Secret values:
- Log in to the Nylas dashboard.
- Select your app from the dropdown menu at the top left.
- Click App Settings in the left navigation.
The Client ID and Client Secret appear at the right side of the screen.
Regenerate a Nylas token
Tokens are generated for each user account you connect. You can generate a new Nylas token if you lose or forget the original one, or need a token with different scopes.
To generate a new Nylas token:
- Log in to the Nylas Dashboard and click Accounts.
- Select the account that you want to create a token for. Remember, tokens are specific to an account, and you can have more than one token per account.
Generating a new token does not revoke any existing tokens. To revoke a token, use one of the Nylas
revoke API endpoints.