Nylas bills on the first of the month for the previous month’s usage. We determine your usage by multiplying the number of active accounts by the effective price per account for your organization’s billing plan. If the number of active accounts per month is less than or equal to the number of accounts included in your billing plan, you will be billed the regular monthly rate for the plan. If you go over the number of active accounts included in your plan, you will be billed the regular monthly rate with an additional prorated amount for each extra account. Your organization's prorated price per account is equal to monthly_rate / included_accounts.
An active account is an account whose
billing_state is set to
paid for any period of time within a given month, and we do not prorate account usage within a month. An /account's
billing_state is automatically set to
paid the first time you authenticate it to the Nylas API. If you downgrade/cancel or delete an account, its
billing_state will no longer be
paid and it must be manually re-upgraded to become paid and active again.
An account is uniquely defined by both its email address and the server settings used to authenticate. This means accounts may be counted more than once if the same email was authenticated with different server settings. For example, if
firstname.lastname@example.org authenticates on 12/2 with server settings
mx.mail.com, and then later re-authenticates on 12/12 with server settings
mailbox.mail.com, this account will be counted twice for December. We typically recommend that upon re-authentication, if a new account_id is generated, you cancel the previous account and use the new one moving forward to avoid being billed twice. You can also ask that users re-authenticate with the same server settings to avoid this issue. See Re-authentication for more information.
Accounts shared between applications within your organization are counted once. If you connect
email@example.com to your developer, staging, and production application within a single Nylas organization, you will be charged once for this account per month.
- Nylas invoices on the first of the month for all active accounts in the last month
- An account is uniquely defined by both its email address and the server settings used to authenticate.
- If you go over the number of accounts included in your plan each additional account is prorated
- We do not prorate active account usage during the month. If an account is active for any period of time within a given month, it will be counted for the entire month as an active account.
- The first time an account is added it will automatically have a
- You are responsible for cancelling accounts using the Account Management endpoints, and re-activating previously cancelled accounts.
- Accounts shared between applications are not charged twice.
Here's a table to quickly identify when an account is charged:
|billing_state||sync_state||Do we charge?|
Nylas offers data residency to help you comply with legal requirements.
- Nylas does not charge additional fees for using multiple data centers.
- If you authenticate the same account in multiple data centers, you will be charged for each account.
You can view and download paid invoices in the Nylas Dashboard by clicking Org Settings, then selecting the Billing tab.