Nylas bills on the first of the month for the prior month’s usage. We calculate your usage by multiplying the number of active accounts by the effective price per account for your organization’s current billing plan. If your number of active accounts per month is less than or equal to the number of accounts included in your billing plan, we'll bill you the regular monthly rate for the plan. If you exceed the number of active accounts included in your plan, we'll bill you the regular monthly rate, with an additional prorated amount for each extra account. Your organization's prorated price per account is equal to monthly_rate / included_accounts.
An active account is an account whose
billing_state changes to
paid for any period of time within a given month. We don't prorate account usage within a month. An account's
billing_state switches to
paid the first time you authenticate it to the Nylas API. If you downgrade/cancel or delete an account, its
billing_state will no longer be
paid and you'll need to manually re-upgrade the account for it to become paid and active again.
An account is uniquely defined by both its email address and the server settings it uses to authenticate. This means that accounts will be counted more than once if the same email address was authenticated with different server settings. For example, if
firstname.lastname@example.org authenticates on 12/2 with server settings
mx.mail.com, and then re-authenticates on 12/12 with server settings
mailbox.mail.com, we'll count this account twice for December.
If re-authentication generates a new
account_id, we recommend that you cancel the former account and use the new one moving forward to make sure we don't bill you twice. You can also ask your users to re-authenticate with the same server settings to avoid this issue. Check out our article on account re-authentication for more information. Accounts shared between multiple applications within your organization count as separate accounts.
A table to quickly identify when we charge an account is below:
|billing_state||sync_state||Do we charge?|
Nylas offers data residency to help you comply with legal requirements.
- Nylas does not charge additional fees for using multiple data centers.
- If you authenticate the same account in multiple data centers, you will be charged for each account.
To view and download paid invoices:
- Log in to the Nylas Dashboard.
- Click Org Settings.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Nylas invoices on the first of the month for all accounts that were active in the previous month.
- An account is uniquely defined by both its email address and the server settings it uses to authenticate.
- If you exceed the number of accounts included in your plan, each additional account is prorated.
- We do not prorate active account usage during the month. If an account is active for any period of time within a given month, it will be counted as an active account for the entire month.
- The first time an account is added, it will automatically have a
- You are responsible for cancelling accounts, as well as re-activating previously cancelled accounts using the Account Management endpoints.