Nylas's data residency offering enables you to comply with legal requirements related to storing personal identifiable information (PII) in different regions around the world. As your data sub-processor, Nylas provides the tools and controls necessary to manage and configure where we store user data. We offer storage in two regions: the US and Europe.
Since each region is completely isolated, data can't pass between them. You must create, configure, and manage separate Nylas Organizations for each region you'd like to store user data in. Your application must also be aware of which user a region belongs to so that it queries the appropriate API.
To find out which URLs you need to use to manage your Nylas organization with, as well as which API endpoints to query, see the table below:
|Location||Dashboard URL||API URL||Scheduler API URL|
|United States (Oregon)||
The steps are the same for all regions.
To start storing customer data in the new region, follow the steps below:
- Create a new Nylas Organization using the appropriate dashboard URL for your region from the table above.
- Configure your Nylas applications in that organization.
- Configure your application code to query the API endpoints associated with the regional data center for accounts in that region.
All of these steps are the same as those outlined in our Getting Started guide for any Nylas setup, but there are two key differences:
- Make sure to use the appropriate dashboard depending on the user's region. For example, you won't be able to view users stored in the United States from within the Nylas Ireland Dashboard.
- Query the appropriate Nylas API depending on the user's region. For example, you won't be able to query
api.nylas.comfor a user in Ireland. You'll need to use
Any existing accounts and configurations for your organization at https://dashboard.nylas.com won't exist in a new region you set up. Every region-specific Dashboard and API runs in a completely isolated environment. This also means that any billing estimates in the dashboard will be region-specific.
The Nylas SDKs support changing the base API URL. Make sure to use the appropriate URL for your region.
NylasClient client = new NylasClient.Builder()
nylas = APIClient(
nylas = Nylas::API.new(app_id: 'CLIENT_ID', app_secret: 'CLIENT_SECRET', api_server: 'https://ireland.api.nylas.com')