Creating Grants with IMAP Authentication
IMAP does not support the concept of scopes - so you do not need to provide them during the authentication process.
"name": "Staging App 1",
Yahoo does not support OAuth, so instead of providing a refresh token, you need to provide a username, password, host, port, and type during the Custom Auth process.
"imap_username": "[email protected]",
Nylas Support Hosted Authentication for Yahoo. In order to redirect to the UI for end users to login in using their Yahoo accounts,
settings.type must be set to
yahoo during the API request
Once this setup is complete, please proceed with the exact same steps as specified in the Hosted Authentication documentation
- An IMAP hosted authentication has very specific events including
- If the IMAP provider (eg: Yahoo IMAP server) did not respond to the login request from Nylas, the login asynchronous validation shows the proper error message for
- If the Provider responded with incorrect credential error, user is prompted with an error message. For Yahoo we will hint the user and link them to Yahoo guide for creating an application password.
- If user entered the wrong password 3 times incorrectly instead of an error message, Nylas hosted authentication redirects back to your application
redirect_uriwith the error code for
- A grant is only created for IMAP if all the validations have passed successfully for the IMAP settings and credentials.
Now that you have created a Connector and received a Grant, you can: