Google Pub/Sub is a fully managed messaging and ingestion solution for event-driven systems and streaming analytics.
You’ll learn how to add Google Pub/Sub as a Nylas Stream.
Before you begin, you need to create an integration and grants. Depending on your data needs, review the options below.
- Google app, if you want to stream messages or grants from Google connected accounts.
- Azure app, if you want to stream messages or grants from Microsoft connected accounts.
- Zoom app, if you want to stream meeting transcripts from your connected Zoom accounts.
Before you begin make sure you have Pub/Sub enabled. If you’re not able to find it in the menu, then search for Pub/Sub. Select the product and after a moment, it will be enabled.
- In your Google Console, go to Pub/Sub and create a new Topic. Give it an ID and create the topic.
- Create a Topic ID.
- Copy the project ID and enter that in your dashboard in Google Project ID.
- Copy the Topic ID and enter that in your dashboard in Destination Topic ID.
You’ll need to create a service account with publish access to the Pub/Sub topic you created.
- Go to IAM & Admin > Service Accounts, then click Create Service account.
- Fill out the Service account details section. This can be anything you want.
- For the Grant this service account access to project section, look for the Pub/Sub Publisher role.
- You can skip, Grant users access to this service account section.
- Now, you need to create a new key. Click Actions > Manage keys.
- Click Add key > Create new key.
- Choose JSON. The key will automatically download. Keep this safe.
- Copy your key into the dashboard in the Service Account JSON text box.
- If you have an existing key, make sure the key is formatted as JSON.
- Create your Nylas Stream.
- It will take a few minutes for the Stream to activate.
Make sure you're able to receive data.
If you selected
message.create as your data source, create a new email message.
If you selected grants as your data source, you’ll get notifications when a grant expires or when an account is granted access to an Integration.