Nylas v3 documentation
Before you do anything else...
Nylas v3 includes major improvements to the entire platform and we're thrilled to make the new APIs available to you. Some of the key improvements include:
- Lightning fast direct queries to provider data.
- New OAuth hosted authentication options.
- Major improvements to webhook handling and API calls.
- Major improvements to recurring events and availability endpoint.
- Improvements to email sending, message tracking, and bounce detection.
Log in to the v3 Dashboard, and check out the v3 Developer quickstart guide for a guided walkthrough to get you up and running using the v3 Sandbox.
If you're an existing Nylas customer, check out the Upgrading to v3 guide for detailed information on how to move your production apps to v3.
The v3 API docs are in two separate parts, as described below.
- ⚙️ v3 Administration APIs: APIs that operate at the Nylas-application level, including authentication, applications, connectors, grant management, and webhook APIs. Use these to set up and manage your Nylas application.
- 🔌 v3 Email, Calendar, and Contacts APIs: These APIs operate on user data, including calendars, events, email messages, folders, files, contacts and more. Use these to access and work with user data.
This section also includes the following documentation specific to v3:
- All about Authentication in v3:
(Recommended) Create grants with hosted OAuth and API Key.
Create grants with hosted OAuth and Access token.
Create grants with custom authentication (previously called "native" authentication).
Create grants with IMAP authentication.
Create grants for Virtual Calendars in v3.
- Event codes in v3
Other developer topics:
- Webhooks in Nylas API v3
v3 Webhook schema reference
- Dashboard v3
- Calendars and Events in Nylas API v3
- Email in Nylas API v3
Smart Compose (v3 only)
- Nylas v3 diff view